Skip to main content


Become one of our most valuable assets – OUR MEMBER! It’s easy to join Valley Oak Credit Union. We’re open to any and all persons who reside in Tulare and Madera Counties. We also serve thousands of employees who work for our Select Employee Groups within these two counties.

  • All persons who live, regularly work, or currently attend school, and other legal non-natural persons, and entities located in Tulare County and Madera County
  • All Federal Employees living in Tulare, Kings, Fresno and Madera Counties
  • All Military personnel (Active/Retired) living in Tulare, Kings, Fresno and Madera Counties
  • All USPS Employees living in Tulare, Kings, Fresno, and Madera Counties
  • All retirees of groups above
  • Employees of this credit union; and persons related to members by blood, marriage or by legal actions (family members need not be residing in the household or in Tulare, Kings Fresno and Madera Counties
  • Employees who work for our Select Employee Groups
  • Family members of an existing Valley Oak Credit Union member (The definition of family being – 1. Spouse and children, 2. All blood relations, 3. Or legal action.) Family members need not to reside in the household of the member

Drop by one of our branches to join and open a new account.

Opening an account requires an initial deposit of $25 or more. There is a $5 account opening fee. Please contact us for more information.

Important information about procedures for opening a new account

To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.

What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents.

The accuracy of our calculators and their applicability to your circumstances are not guaranteed. You should consult with a qualified professional regarding your particular circumstances.